QuickBooks error message: There is an account missing in one or more items used in the transaction detail lines.
| Where is this feature?|
|1. ||Log In|
|2. ||Extra Features|
|3. ||QuickBooks File|
|4. ||File Format Details|
|5. ||QuickBooks Troubleshooting|
An item in your QuickBooks Item List does not have an account associated with it.
How To assign an Account to a QuickBooks Item.
- Open the QuickBooks item list. (Click the List menu and select Item List)
- Scan the Account column for items that do not have an account listed.
- Right click the Item with the missing account and select Edit.
- Select an Account from the Account drop down box.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Continue until all Items have an account assigned and then try to import your transactions again.
This error has also been reported if the item you are importing exists in QuickBooks as an inactive item. Check to be sure the item you are importing is active and make it active if it is not.